4 to 6 large potatoes (I like Idaho potatoes for baking)
1 pound chicken breast cut into thin strips
1 large onion, sliced thin
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 Tbsp salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flake
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese (or both)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Wash each potato and place them on the middle rack of a 400 degree oven for 1 hour.
2. Take them out and let them cool for a few minutes.
3. Cut a slit lengthwise down each potato and set them aside.
4. Put the 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat until the oil heats up (about 2 minutes)
5. Add the sliced chicken breast, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flake and stir until the chicken is almost cooked (about 4 to 5 minutes depending on how thin they are sliced)
6. Add the peppers and onions and continue to cook for another few minutes until the veggies get soft.
7. Turn the heat down to low and leave uncovered, stirring occasionally.
8. In a small sauce pan, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir for a few minutes until there are no lumps and the butter starts bubbling.
9. Add the milk, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt, and stir until it comes to a simmer and starts to thicken.
10. Let the milk simmer for a few minutes while stirring then turn off the heat.
11. Add the shredded cheese and stir until its all melted.
12. Take each baked potato and open it up where you cut the slit. Take a fork and fluff the insides of the potato
13. Top each potato with the chicken and peppers, then spoon the cheese mixture over that and serve with whatever sides you like or eat them all by themselves!